About Us

My photo
Carlsbad, CA, United States
Here we go again! There is so much more of our great United States still to see that we have become full-timers again. In addition to seeing new sights, we will be volunteering our services at national and state parks and points of interest. Check out our diary style blog below to follow us on our travels. Also, look into our archive and check the exciting places we have seen.

Friday, June 21, 2013

I was up early so I could bake Gary's birthday cake.  Then it was time to clean house today, yuck.  It is very warm and humid today.  Kristy, Amanda and Jennifer came over this afternoon to ride to the restaurant with me.  The traffic was at a dead stop on I-5, so we decided to go over to the I-15 via Palomar Airport Road.  Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea, so we sat in bumper to bumper traffic until we got to Hwy 78 where is was also slow going.  Once on the I-15 the traffic was moving but he took us an hour to get that far.  When we got to our next turn, that highway was backed up as well.  What the heck is going on with traffic today?  What is normally a 40 minute drive took us 1 hour and 50 minutes.  Both of the kids were ready to get out of the car. Gary wanted ribs for dinner, so we tried a new BBQ restaurant that recently opened in Santee.  It was very good and we all had a great time celebrating Gary's birthday.  Danielle and Morgan gave Gary a bunch of kids stuff for his birthday.  My favorite was a book titled "All my friends are dead".


When we arrived back home, Gary, Amanda and Jennifer were playing with all the toys.  It was pretty funny watching him play with the kazoos and Jennifer.  Amanda and Gary stopped to pose for this photo with the Happy Birthday Glasses and kazoos.



video

No comments: