About Us

My photo
Carlsbad, CA, United States
Here we go again! There is so much more of our great United States still to see that we have become full-timers again. In addition to seeing new sights, we will be volunteering our services at national and state parks and points of interest. Check out our diary style blog below to follow us on our travels. Also, look into our archive and check the exciting places we have seen.

Monday - Sunday, August 14 -20, 2017

This week we had another doctor's appointment for Amanda for her concussion; good new is that she has shown improvement this week.  Jennifer had an appointment to get her immunizations and  Kindergarten check up. The doctor said Jennifer has a heart murmur and is referring her to a cardiologist.  She also has something wrong with one of her eyes and is getting a referral to an Ophthalmologist.  It seems one eye doesn't focus very well.

Gary and I had to get our cargo trailer out of storage so we can help Kristy move this weekend.  Unfortunately it is parked behind the Titanium.  We had to hitch up the Titanium move it about 50 feet out of the way then unhitch it to hitch up the cargo trailer.  We pulled the trailer out of the way then unhitched it to hitch up the Titanium and back it up in the corner of the lot.  Then we had to unhitch the Titanium so we could hitch up the cargo trailer and make the mile drive home.  Of course Gary forgot to bring the battery for the Titanium so we had to start and stop the generator every time we had to raise or lower the landing gear.  All in all it took nearly 2 hours to maneuver the two trailers around our small storage lot. 

Saturday Gary and I took the truck and trailer to Kristy's in Bonsall where we loaded it with mostly boxes and a few pieces of furniture.  We lucked out as there were two young men there doing charity work for their church and they loaded most of the boxes for us.  When the trailer was full, we drove to Kristy's new place in Fallbrook where we all unloaded it.  Well, that took all day and we are all pooped.  We took Jennifer home with us since there wasn't a place for her to sleep in the new place yet.  We stopped for dinner on the way home and she ate every last bite of her dinner and so did we.

Sunday, I had to babysit Morgan and Emma for a short time while Danielle picked up their dog from the ER.  Betsy got in a dog fight and the other dog bit her in the neck and ear so Betsy needed surgery.  Gary stayed home with Jennifer while I watch the other grandkids. When I got home we left to meet Kristy at her apartment to pack up the rest of her stuff.  We left the truck and trailer at her apartment complex and drove my car home last night. Terry and Michael were there to move the heavy stuff since Gary still can't bend over without losing his balance as he is still recovering. Another log day of moving but the girls are in their new place.  Now they just have to unpack everything which is piled up in boxes all over the living room. 

No comments: