About Us

My photo
Carlsbad, CA, United States
Here we go again! There is so much more of our great United States still to see that we have become full-timers again. In addition to seeing new sights, we will be volunteering our services at national and state parks and points of interest. Check out our diary style blog below to follow us on our travels. Also, look into our archive and check the exciting places we have seen.

Monday - Sunday, August 21-27, 2017

We have been busy this week.  Gary has been recruiting for his brother's company again.  I've made several trips to Kristy's to help her with her apartment cleanup and delivering food for her new home. Gary made one trip with me to repair a few broken items before her final walk through.  The manager seemed please so I guess that is the last of her apartment.  She has been there nearly 6 years, moving in when Jennifer was 6 weeks old and Jennifer will be 6 years old next month. Kristy is definitely happy to get out of that one bedroom apartment.

Thursday was my birthday and for the first time in 32 years, Gary forgot my birthday.  Oh well, I guess he is still recovering from his illness.

Saturday, Gary and I met my sister, mother, brother-in-law and Uncle Johnny at Venice Pizza House for my birthday dinner.  It was nice of them to remember and treat us to the best Pizza in San Diego. I'm not just saying it's the best, it was voted Best Pizza this year.  We have been going there since they opened in the 1950's and the owners are friends of our family.

Amanda suggested that we take a trip on Route 66 since I just turned 66.  Great idea Amanda.

No comments: